- Age / Gender:
- 29, Male
- Kentucky, USA
- All Stats >
I am nothing more than an average guy with ridiculous ambitions who is just stubborn enough to pursue them.
- Community Stats
Level 37 Animator
Ranked as Police Captain
Contact Info / Websites
You know, that SENTINEL DESTRUCTION COLLAB was just so much fun that we HAVE to get the band together for an encore. This time, however, the game gets more... dangerous.
The RANDOM SELECT COLLAB is exactly what it sounds like. No more of this mamby-pamby "I'm gonna use the guy I think is awesome" stuff. No, sir. This time, the awesome animators will be using characters pulled from a hat. Like a business card from the fishbowl at Subway!
Who gets to decide these characters? YOU DO. Also us. But ALSO YOU!
Each animator gets to choose four characters to go in the drawing (we ARE doing the work, after all) and each fan gets one. Have a favorite character that you thought would NEVER be used in a sprite fight? Now is the time to suggest them!
Here are the rules for character selection:
1. 2D Fighting game characters only. No sonic. No Mario. Just fighting game characters.
2. No hi-res characters like Guilty Gear or Blazblue. Nothing against those characters specifically, it's just that the project can handle only so much size-wise. Gonna be a lot of data there and we gotta be frugal.
3. No MUGEN customs. If they never existed in a real game, they aren't allowed.
4. No version-specific picks. You can't pick "Pocket Fighter Chun-Li" or "Street Fighter Alpha Chun-Li". It's just "Chun-Li". The animator will choose which version they feel is most appropriate.
5. A character named multiple times will only be entered once. Winning fans will be credited if their pick wins. First named, first credited.
6. As per animator request, no shotoclones. They are all the same. If one is named anyway, one AND ONLY ONE predetermined shotoclone will be added to the drawing. Seriously, though. Those guys are tapped out. Why pick them?
Rules subject to revision later. I reserve the right to refuse any selection. I want to keep this as unrestricted as possible, but I know that some of you can get... rather trollish. That said, fire away!
For contributors, here are the build rules:
- 20 FPS
- 45-60 seconds in length per fight
- No text or story. This is all about the fight.
- Fights are 1 vs 1. No special guests.
- You don't have to show a "winner", but try to have some sort of climax.
- NO RAGEQUITTING! If you don't like the characters you get, tough shit. It's luck of the draw. Make your crappy characters awesome. Bring your "A" game. That's your job. There will be a lot of talent in this collab and you don't want to be the guy who chickened out...
- If you don't bring the pain, you might get cut. Just because you don't like your fighters is no reason to half-ass it.
- As a contributor, you get four character picks. Make them count. If you troll pick, you just might get stuck with your own guy. I would also recommend not picking a character you plan to use in the future. Not a rule. Just a suggestion.
Let's get this party started.
Midnight (Eternal Champions)
Sketch Turner (Comix Zone)
Predetermined Shotoclone (sigh...)
Animator picks are secret. If you claim one of theirs, they will pick another.
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 262 (From 26 different games.)